Livingston, NJ | Full time
Expiry Date: 03/25/2019
Posted Date: 02/25/2019
The Enterprise Storage Engineer is responsible for designing and implementing a datacenter storage infrastructure, according to best practices, while ensuring high levels of data integrity and availability. This individual will develop, implement, and oversee policies and procedures to ensure consistent storage provisioning that meets application performance and uptime requirements. The Enterprise Storage Engineer is also responsible for capacity planning, performance analysis, and developing disaster recovery plans.
• Lead the development of long-term vision, strategy, and roadmaps for hosted storage services across the organization in conjunction with company objectives.
• Work closely with operations, application developers and project managers to develop scalable, maintainable, highly available storage architectures that meet business objectives and relevant service-level agreements.
• Perform capacity planning analysis and other needs assessments as requested by upper management.
• Manage the purchase, installation, and configuration of new and existing storage devices and corresponding software.
• Present opportunities with cost/benefit analysis to leadership in order to shape decisions regarding architectural/infrastructural strategy.
• 10+ years’ experience in IT infrastructure design and architecture across multiple distributed storage technologies - including SAN, NAS, DAS, RAID, SCSI, Fiber Channel
• In-depth understanding of storage architecture design techniques, theories, principles, and practices.