New York, NY | Full time
Expiry Date: 03/11/2020
Posted Date: 02/12/2020
· Process and analyzing large volumes of (customer) data.
· Build predictive models with advanced machine learning algorithms such as Neural Networks, Decision Trees, Boosting/Ensemble methods, Clustering, Online learning, etc.
· Interact with customers from the data analysis stage to the final report presentation.
· Assist in technical sales support as needed.
· Innovate by building new variables; improving modeling techniques to boost model performance; maintaining and refining the processes and procedures for building high-end analytic modeling solutions.
· Write coherent reports and making presentations on high-end analytical projects.
Required Qualification and Experience
· Master's degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science, engineering, the physical sciences, or any other quantitative field.
· 5 years related experience such as analyzing data and/or building analytical models; in either an academic or professional setting.
· Knowledge of multiple operating systems (e.g. Windows, Unix/Linux).
· Proficiency with 1 or more of the following Programming or Scripting languages: R, SAS, Bash, Perl, Python, MatLab.
· Thorough knowledge of at least some supervised and unsupervised modeling techniques such as Logistic/Linear Regression, SVMs, Neural Networks / Deep Networks, Boosting/Ensemble methods, Decision Trees, Clustering, etc.
· Ability to manage very large amounts of data.
· Experience working for or with government contracts and deliverables.
· Industry experience in mathematical/statistical modeling, pattern recognition, or data mining/data analysis.
· Extensive experience specifying and building advanced analytic solutions for the financial services and related industries with large-scale transaction data.
· Extensive experience in data management, deployment and product support for advanced analytic solutions.
· Excellent programming skills and knowledge of SAS and scripting languages.
· Ability to translate model performance to financial benefit for the business by incorporating knowledge of customer business practices.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities Needed
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to think analytically, write and edit technical material, and relate statistical concepts and applications to technical and business users.
· Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
· Ability to travel as business requirements dictate.