JOB TITLE: Cybersecurity Solutions Engineer
Work Location: IBM Atlanta, GA Location (On-site Only - No Remote work) Relocation assistance not available at this time.
Enjoy challenges? Big challenges? Come work for the office of the IBM CISO organization and help meet the global challenges of keeping one of the largest companies in the world secure. We’re looking for enthusiastic and innovative team members to join us in our location in Atlanta, GA.
The Cybersecurity Solutions Engineer will work for the Global Chief Information Security Organization (CISO) to identify, test and deploy information security solutions to secure critical data and systems throughout the IBM corporate IT environment. This hands-on role will require Cybersecurity subject matter expertise with demonstrated communication skills for active collaboration with a variety of different technology teams both with IBM CIO and business units as well as technology partners to promote security engineering practices.
The Cybersecurity Solutions Engineer will research emerging security trends and technologies, identify business and technical requirements, perform technical evaluation and support deployment of global security solutions through agile execution. You will also:
• Leverage Agile practices to develop or identify new concepts, tools or systems to improve the overall security posture of the organization
• Identify security requirements by evaluating business needs and technical requirements and relate them to required/desired security controls
• Research information security trends, standards and practices to identify needs for enhancing security solutions
• Participate in pilot / test new security solutions in limited deployment to evaluate and recommend for large-scale deployment
• Architect and design security systems both individually and collaboratively
• Articulate problems related to the security solution being developed and requests review and guidance to minimize risks associated with the proposed solution
• Analyze problems and suggests solutions involving business, information technology, methodology, processes, tools and solution components
YOUR ABILITIES & SKILLS
• You will possess experience in both of the following areas: cloud security and network security.
• You will be a self-starter, be able to analyze complex problems, have an insatiable curiosity to learn about new technologies, shares knowledge with others and has experience working in fast-paced, Agile project environment.
• Ability to apply cybersecurity and privacy principles to organizational requirements (relevant to confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, non-repudiation).
• Ability to identify critical infrastructure systems with information communication technology that were designed without system security considerations.
Your life at IBM
Impact. Inclusion. Infinence.
Together, these themes provide the foundation of the experiences of all IBMers, and represent the value inherent in a career with IBM.
Our work is truly life changing - from helping to cure diseases, predict weather, to cleaning oceans and beyond.
Our culture of openness, collaboration, trust, invites everyone to have a voice.
Careers are made from experiences. At IBM, those experiences can be diverse, unlimited and far-reaching so you can truly discover your true passion – without ever changing the company.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• At least 3 years hands-on experience with common, enterprise grade IT and Security technologies from major vendors (IBM, Cisco, Juniper, Symantec, BlueCoat, Palo Alto, FireEye, HP, Microsoft, etc.)
• At least 3 years experience performing ongoing maintenance and operations of security technologies (e.g. DLP appliances, IDS/IPS, endpoint security, etc)
• Applied direct experience with TCP/IP networking, network services/protocols and network design principles
• Applied direct experience with Operating Systems (e.g. Linux, Unix, Windows) and Windows Services (e.g. Active Directory, LDAP, etc)
• At least 3 years hands-on experience with Network Security tools
• At least 1 year of hands-on experience with a CASB product and integrating with multiple SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS cloud environments
• 3+ years of experience in managing and supporting security services and data protection.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
• At least 5 years hands-on experience with common, enterprise grade IT and Security technologies from major vendors (IBM, Cisco, Juniper, Symantec, BlueCoat, Palo Alto, Check Point etc.)
• At least 5 years of prior experience performing ongoing maintenance and operations of security technologies (e.g. EDR, DLP, IDS/IPS, Firewall, Tap technologies, etc)
• At least 3 year of hands-on experience using shell scripting for automating tasks (Bash and PowerShell)
• At least 3 year of hands-on experience with a CASB product and integrating with multiple SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS cloud environment
• Certifications: CISSP, CCSP, Security +, CEH, CCNA, CCSK
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.