We are looking for a Project Manager for our client based in Southern California who has strong project management experience in water/wastewater industry who will be managing onsite construction activities on small to medium size projects in the range of $500,000 to $15,000,000.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manages and directs Field Operations.
- Direct the work of employees and /or subcontractors assigned to the project.
- Knowledge of reading project plans and specifications
- Monitors the project site for compliance with safety policies and practices and corrects any safety violations
- Participate in value engineering alternative solutions with Owner, Designer and Contractor
- Participate in weekly progress meetings; review pay applications; review and resolve change order requests; assist with closeout/turnover activities
- Ensures safety violations and accidents are documented, administered, reported and investigated in accordance with company policies
- Ensures the project meets quality and performance specifications and regulatory requirements
- Knows specifications and regulatory requirements for the project
- Prepares estimates, including, labor hours, material costs, schedules, etc
- Compiles bid packages for subcontractors
- Develops, maintains, updates, distributes and manages estimates
- Coordinates support functions including project start-up with internal and external team members
- Monitors the overall performance of suppliers
- Maintains schedule, quality and design-to-budget of any design performed under the Company’s control.
Qualifications and Skills Key Requirements:
- Degree/diploma in Engineering, Construction Management or Civil Engineering is preferred.
- Proven track record of projects completed in water/wastewater industry
- 5 - 7 years of experience in the field water/wastewater construction industry, management with exposure to projects of major scope is imperative.
- Proven track records of completed projects
- Good communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- Skills in Microsoft Project, Office, Excel